August 15, 2008

union square

a. the several story barnes and noble
b. the used bookstore
c. starbucks
d. whole foods
e. so much more that i haven't even taken in yet

All of those great places are within a 30 second walk of my new apartment! The other day Howie, Mo and I went into NYC to meet with the broker and by the end of the day we had chosen a place. It's a somewhat small apartment, 250s/f, but it has a big bathroom, big closet and as I just listed, it's in the center of so much! Oh and it's a 5 minute walk from school. On Monday I'm going back into the city to see the apartment again, take some photos, and get some measurements. Then I can start on the really exciting part: shopping! I'll post some pics of the place soon, but for now here are the pretty peices I have found online that I hope/plan to get:

this lovely loft bed...

with this couch underneath...

On another note, last Friday at a UFO (unfinished object night) I got to use my new Martha Stewart butterfly punch (which I scored on the clearance rack for 5$) and those rockin' Making Memories tiny letters on a layout with the new Moda Bella papers. The title and journaling is taken from my daily conversations with Lei who always wants assurance on the best things in her life:


6 comments:

Cassie said...

Shopping IS the best part!
Can't wait to see what you do with your space!!

Charleen said...

how fun!

Aimee Ann said...

so awesome. i'm jealous!! love the couch!

Shaina Longstreet said...

loving the loft bed with the couch idea. brilliant.
and i love the journaling on your layouts. terrific!

Unknown said...

yes, union square is a most excellent neighborhood to have close by...Once upon a time, when I lived in NYC, in the 1990s, I had an internship there...which I am now remembering fondly.

and they have a kick ass farmer's market on Tuesday nights. Or they used to.

Lauren said...

Expect a lot of visits from me at that apartment! Maybe my mom can come and watch you do your grocery shopping ;)